Where Forgotten Films Dwell

Welcome to this site! It exists for one reason: to preserve the memory of films that have been forgotten about or under-appreciated throughout the ages. Take a seat, read an entry, leave a comment. You might discover your new favorite movie!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

GRAND PRIZE WINNER

Well...it was a difficult choice...but it's time to reveal the Grand Prize Winner of the Roger Corman Blogathon.

The winner is....


What can I possibly say about this incredible post?  Seriously...what can I say?  I'm lost for words!

Ivan's review was absolutely insane.  He was the first blogger to post their article during the blogathon.  Even though his was the very first article that I read...I knew that he was going to be winning something.  His review had everything: insightful analysis of the film, fascinating tales of the film's production, and incredible writing.  This may sound offensive, but I mean it with all of the love and respect in the world: reading his review was like watching a B-movie.  It was loud, brash, funny, in-your-face, exciting, and thought-provoking.  One of the very first things that struck me while I was reading it was the insane attention to detail that he displayed.  There was barely a scene or line that wasn't explored or parsed during his review.  His blog truly went above and beyond the call of duty.

Congratulations, Ivan!  You win the prize, the banner, and $60! 

On a side note...stay tuned tonight for my closing thoughts on the blogathon.

Editor-in-Chief
Nathanael Hood

11 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo! Like Charlie Sheen, I'm a WINNER!
    Thanks so much, I do appreciate this! I'm currently at a loss for words. But I had a lot of fun working on The Wild Angels, and reading everyone's take on various Corman flicks. Wow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ivan,
    I told you it was a wild ride and at times that's a very good thing.
    Congrats and well deserved. I can't wait to see what you come up with next.
    Page

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats. Way to go. Well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Ivan. I agree with Nate that your review was like an exciting, turn-twisting, B-movie, in the best possible way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. From one Ivan to another...nice going, Iv! Mucho congrats to you for taking the top prize, it was well-deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Ivan, Rachel, Ivan (echo?) and Page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! Heartily deserved!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mwah! Mwah! I love you all (but Roger Corman most)!

    So, did you say "prizes"?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Indeed I did, Ivan. You win $60. Email me so we can figure out how to get the money to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! It's not that I don't need the bread, but if you're tech-savvy enough to download movies, there's some Corman flicks I'd like to get my paws on: Sorority Girl (thanks to Cinema Gonzo for that awesome review), It Conquered the World (our e-conversation put a bee in my bonnet), Teenage Caveman, &/or I, Mobster. Of course, if $$$ is easier, it'll do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Actually, movies would be easier. Email me and we'll continue this discussion.

    ReplyDelete