Where Forgotten Films Dwell

Welcome to this site! It exists for one reason: to preserve the memory of films that have been forgotten about or under-appreciated throughout the ages. Take a seat, read an entry, leave a comment. You might discover your new favorite movie!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Final Thoughts

Well gang...

At long last the Roger Corman blogathon has come to an end.  The entries have been written, the comments have been left, the winners have been selected, and the prizes have been given out....

It was quite a ride....

This was my first blogathon and I was really nervous about hosting it.  But I've been blown away by everybody's kindness, generosity, and enthusiasm for the project.  You all have inspired me to do another  blogathon in only five weeks!  I'm telling you...if I could figure out a way to make money off hosting blogathons...I might make it my job.

I kid, course....

Or am I?

No...no, I am.

Anyhow, I am overwhelmed by how successful this blogathon was.  I honestly was expecting maybe five or six entries, but instead 21 people stood up to the plate and played ball.  I can never thank you guys enough for what you've done.  I've met a ton of great bloggers and made a whole batch of new friends.  And I have to say...that's the best part of this blogathon.  It wasn't the articles (although they were glorious), the awards, or even the prizes.  It was the community.

Guys...I have witnessed the birth of a true blogging community.  I have watched you guys discover each other through this blogathon.  I have watched as friendships have been formed through comments sections.  I've noticed that most of your blogs have more followers now than they did when you first signed up.  I've seen links swapped all across the map as enthusiastic writers have discovered people who share their own passions.  And that, folks, is the true reward of holding my blogathon.  The prize banners might get deleted, the prize money spent, the articles banished to Internet Limbo...but the friendships are eternal.

It is my prayer that these friendships will continue and flourish through the course of the next blogathon.  Coincidentally, I will be posting the first list of participants and chosen movies tomorrow.  I am thrilled that so many of you have decided to come back.  If I could have my way...ALL of you would come back.  I WANT you all to come back.

To the readers out there who maybe felt like they want to participate in it, feel free to step forward and sign up.  If you don't have a blog, you can host it on my own.  The best thing that can happen is for our community to grow even more.

On that note...I want to announce that Chris Michael, the chap who posted the entry on Frankenstein Unbound on this site, just started his own blog!  Here's the link:

http://recentlyviewedmovies.blogspot.com/

He's a close friend of mine...so I want to encourage all of you to subscribe to his new blog and leave him lots of comments and encouragement...I'm sure all of you remember what it was like to start your own blog in the wildness of the Internet.

I guess I'm done...I don't really have anything else to say other than thank you.....

Well....maybe one more thing...

I think that this is the start of a beautiful friendship.

Editor-in-Chief
Nathanael Hood

10 comments:

  1. Thanks, Jaime! Let me again stress how grateful I am that you participated and how overjoyed I am that you have signed up for my next blogathon!

    Do me a favor and say "hi" over at Chris' new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, Nathanael!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, John! I'm glad that you're coming back for the next blogathon!

    Be sure to check out my friend Chris' site!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to all who contributed to the blogathon, I learned a lot about Roger Corman and his films. Also thanks again Nate for letting people know about my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be totally awesome to get paid to host blogathons! Well, until that happens, I'm super-excited to get to contribute to your unpaid labor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, Nate, the best part of the blogathon was getting introduced to so many new bloggers. I had a lot of fun and I'm glad everyone else has as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Lauren

    Feel free to. my friend!

    @Rachel

    Exactly! I noticed that you yourself got quite a few new followers through this event.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nathanael,

    I agree with Rachel that the best part of the Blogathon was being introduced to so many new blogs and incredibly talented writers.

    You're obviously doing something right since we've all jumped right back into another Blogathon. (I teased Ivan that you have us in some kind of trance)

    Congratulations on hosting such a successful Blogathon and hoping there's many more in your future. I'll do my best to stay on task and be here for every one. (with the exception of musicals)

    I've welcomed Chris at his site and I'm glad he's become part of the blogging community. So far I've recruited 3 bloggers to join the next Blogathon so far and I'm still working on getting a couple more signed up.

    Page

    ReplyDelete