Where Forgotten Films Dwell

Welcome to this site! It exists for one reason: to preserve the memory of films that have been forgotten about or under-appreciated throughout the ages. Take a seat, read an entry, leave a comment. You might discover your new favorite movie!

Sunday, July 1, 2012

2012 BLOGATHON ANNOUNCEMENT

Ladies and Gentlemen!
Forgotten Classics of Yesteryear is proud to announce that it will be hosting another blogathon this August!


That's right! This year's blogathon topic is My First Movie. Everyone has a "first movie." It can be the first time your parents took you to a movie theater as a child. Or maybe the first time you were watching a film on television and you realized that this was something much, much more than the regular everyday programming. This blogathon is devoted to our first memories of watching movies. You can talk about the movie itself if you want, but the focus should be the actual experience of watching a movie for the first time. This topic is open to interpretation. Maybe you could write about the film that first made you realize that you loved the cinema. Who knows?!

If you would like to participate, email me at nch257@nyu.edu and provide me with your:
-Name
-Topic
-Preferred Date
-Website

If you don't have a website but would still like to participate, then send me an email anyway. We'll figure something out.

I look forward to reading all of your memories. Don't forget to advertise the blogathon by posting the banner overhead on your site. And please, tell your friends!

See you August!

Editor-in-Chief
Nathanael Hood

9 comments:

  1. I love the idea of this blogathon! Can I do a post for The Wizard Of Oz, my first/favorite movie, for my blog, Classic Cinema Reviews For Kids? Thanks, and I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nathanael, a great idea for a blogathon. I'll send you an email with my choice/choices (I might include two completely unrelated films).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome idea, I can't wait for this blogathon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome, I'm so participating!

    ReplyDelete